If you have seen my profile on Facebook or my Avatar on Twitter, you’ve seen the red dress twibbon.
The red dress is for American Heart Month, which is observed in February each year. I have had so many family members and friends affected by cardiovascular disease and stroke that awareness and prevention are a priority.
ENERGYbits®, an algae-based supplement I have been familiar with for a while, wants to encourage us to adapt healthy choices this month. They remind us of the following statistics:
1. One in three deaths in the USA are from heart disease and stroke
2. One in three adults in the USA have cardiovascular disease
3. More women than men have a stroke each year (55,000 more)
4. An estimated 68 million adults have high blood pressure
5. An estimated 71 million adults have high cholesterol
6. An estimated 935,000 heart attacks and 795,000 strokes occur each year in USA
(The source for the above information is here.)
ENERGYbits® and their companion SKINNYbits® (which contains a different algae formulation) want to help us be “heart healthier.” These algae tabs are quickly becoming recognized as an easy, fast, safe, and natural way to lower blood pressure and heart disease. ENERGYbits® and SKINNYbits® are 100% organically grown spirulina algae which is loaded with heart healthy Essential Fatty Acids like Omega 3 and GLA which reduce inflammation in blood vessels. This helps blood to flow easily and heals the blood vessels so blood pressure and the chance of heart attack or stroke are reduced. The recommended approach is to swallow at least 30 tabs a day to experience the health benefits of algae.*
Therefore, they have shared with me a Gift Pack to help one lucky reader get a head start on heart health. The gift pack contains a mini tin (with 75 tabs) of the recipients choice of ENERGYbits® or SKINNYbits®! There are a few easy steps to enter:
1. Like the ENERGYbits® Facebook page (click here).
2. Like the SKINNYbits® Facebook page (click here).
3. Follow ENERGYbits® on Twitter (click here).
4. Follow SKINNYbits® on Twitter (click here).
Once you have done these four steps, please let me know via a comment.
That’s it! I’ll choose a winner at 9 p.m. Eastern on Friday, February 15 (that’s my mom’s birthday, a perfect day to spread some love!).
What change have you made (or do you want to make) to help your heart? Tell me in the comments!
*Information from the ENERGYbits® website. I did not receive any compensation from the manufacturer. The opinions I have expressed here are all mine.