On Tuesday, when I was preparing to write this week’s Mama Kat-inspired post, random.org handed me Mama Kat prompt number one: List 22 things you’ve never done. I loved this idea, but decided to postpone it until tonight because there is a time-sensitive issue with Carla’s search for a sponsor (read why she is my “starfish” here). Carla’s information goes back into the “general circulation” at http://www.hopeforafamily.org/ on Wednesday, October 26, so I wanted to get my post about her out.
Without further ado:
I am 46 years old and I’ve Never:
1. Gotten a response to my letters/emails to Tenley Albright, for whom my daughter is named.
2. Driven a stick shift car successfully.
3. Had a conversation in Spanish where I felt that the language was coming naturally to me.
4. Run a 5K in 29:59 or less.
6. Changed a flat tire.
7. Taken my mother-in-law on her fantasy trip to Rome.
8. Been to California.
10. Gotten completely out of credit card debt.
13. Kept my floors clean at home (ugh).
14. Figured out Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, or Seesmic.
16. Convinced my son to dress in clothes that match, are unwrinkled, and don’t look like he just rolled out of bed in them.
17. Been a Stay at Home Mom.
18. Sung “Defying Gravity” on stage at Wicked (I know, I know – you have to be able to sing like Idina Menzel and all that but it’s a great fantasy!).
19. Ventured beyond my point and shoot camera to digital SLR.
(but I still enjoy point and shoot)
20. Been able to play Blackjack without memorizing a Blackjack 101 strategy first.
21. Figured out how to really explain my faceblindness in a way that people understand why it affects some of the ways I interact, but don’t perceive it as an excuse.
22. Been unfaithful to my spouse.
What are your 22?
Wife of one, Mom of two, Friend of many.